Welcome to Nom de Plume!
I’m here to meet your creative and technical writing needs. I’m an Ontario-based technical and creative writer with a background in Biology.
My attention to detail and slightly OCD approach to the English language help me excel as a technical writer. I work with my clients to match tone and ethos to their individual needs, while striving for clarity and conciseness.
I come by my passion for creative writing naturally, and am largely an autodidact in that respect. I have a flair for keeping the tone fun and approachable, but can also convey a more serious tone if the occasion requires.
I am an enthusiastic worker who likes to connect with my clients and get the job done in an amicable manner.
- I am seeking work as an independent contractor and consultant technical writer because it allows me to learn new subjects and acquire new interests.
- I have a passion for both technical and creative writing tasks.
- I am organized, detail-oriented, and efficient when performing a job, and always meet a deadline.
- I am personable and get along well with others in a team environment.
- I have a thorough knowledge of technical writing tools, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe RoboHelp, and Adobe FrameMaker.
- I use the Oxford comma.
- I am professional, and always get the job done!
The following is a list of projects I have ongoing, or have completed, for clients:
- Social media management – including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Blog writing
- Grant proposals
- Software testing, including knowledge of Selenium IDE and Builder, as well as UseTrace
- Web scraping
- Process documentation